ALMACO is the leader in providing innovative solutions to our clients in the seed research industry. Our niche business provides solutions for planting, harvesting and seed processing for corn and soybeans around the world. We offer a family business working atmosphere that incites autonomy and creativity while delivering results in the workplace. We have a solid reputation in the marketplace and vast opportunities in domestic and international growth. Our products include combines, planters, software, and electronics that automate the planting and harvesting processes and deliver solutions and value to the seed research industry.
ALMACO is growing and adding to our team with Welder Fabricators!
Welders at ALMACO enjoy working independently on laying out and fabricating metal assemblies, while still enjoying a friendly team atmosphere. You'll have a lot of variety in the work that you're given, and a lot of flexibility in your work schedule. After training, you can work with your manager on the hours that work best with your schedule. We don't have seasonal lay-offs and offer overtime hours.
You'll love this job if you are a skilled welder who enjoys fabricating a variety of different assemblies without a lot of repetition. We're looking for those who have experience in reading blueprints and laying out work. You enjoy learning new things and helping out with lots of different projects, and you're not bothered when your tasks change often. You have a passion for building things with your own two hands and you want to make sure that what you make is the highest quality possible.
You are reliable and can work 40-50+ hours per week depending on the work schedule. You'll enjoy a friendly, family-style work environment. You'll work at your own bench to fabricate metal sub-assemblies from blueprints for ALMACO combines and planters. You'll experience flexibility in your work hours that you won't find in other jobs, variety, and opportunities for advancement.
Opportunities in this position:
- Construct metal sub-assemblies for ALMACO agricultural research equipment by setting up and performing bench welding and fabrication assignments.
- Use a wide variety of hand and power tools and related equipment such as a saw, shear, grinder, and small presses to reduce and prepare metals.
- Read prints, drawings, work orders, and written instructions to plan and layout work, completing assignments with an emphasis on safety and quality.
- Clean and grind welds using appropriate methods to prepare the material for assembly.
An ideal candidate would possess:
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience with welding and fabricating using MIG and TIG.
- Experience reading blueprints and building equipment with very little repetition.
- A record of dependability and cooperation in previous work environments.
- Ability and skill to effectively operate a wide range of hand and power tools.
ALMACO is the global leader in cutting-edge technology, innovative solutions, and specialized manufacturer of precision agricultural machinery designed for ag-research within the seed industry. Our products are custom-built and specifically manufactured to the requirements of leading research programs throughout the world. ALMACO continues to be the innovator in new products and technologies that serve the seed research equipment marketplace.
ALMACO is a family-owned business located in Nevada, IA, which is about 10 miles from Ames, IA, and about 30 miles away from Des Moines, IA. We employ about 200 talented professionals.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Health Insurance (with a $0 premium option!)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Match
- Employer-Paid Disability Insurance
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance including Cancer, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, and Accident plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts
- Legal/Financial Consultation
- Employee Assistance Program
National Career Readiness Certificate is welcome.
ALMACO is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation,) national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. A post-offer pre-employment drug screen and background check are required.