Promote growth and profitability of the organization through the development of new business. Build client relationships through portfolio administration of financial management and trust accounts.
- Manage a variety of client accounts including investment management, comprehensive financial management, estate and trust administration, conservatorships, escrow accounts, and real estate exchanges.
- Meet with new and existing clients to discuss financial goals and objectives, and overall estate planning.
- Review trust accounts, including review of income, disbursements, assets, account goals and objectives, and proper diversification. Complete annual court reporting, as needed.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with existing clients and Bank personnel, including Private Banking Team, to facilitate referrals.
- Collaborate with outside legal counsel and tax professionals to promote department products and services, and review drafted estate planning documents for existing and prospective Trust Department clients.
- Prepare forms to establish new accounts and maintain existing relationships including pre-acceptance reviews, client onboarding documentation, real estate inspections, and annual client reviews.
- Work with Portfolio Manager in reviewing client investment portfolios and recommend appropriate changes.
- Provide relevant tax documents to designated tax preparers and review fiduciary income tax returns prior to filing.
- Written and verbal presentations to Trust Investment Committee, Trust Investment Group, and Board of Directors.
- Deliver presentations in multiple seminar events to promote Financial Management & Trust Services.
- Adhere to applicable laws and regulations, internal policies and procedures, and client account documents.
- Coordinate with third-party vendors such as farm managers and real estate agents.
- Participate in Trust Committee for review of client accounts.
Growth and Retention of Financial Management & Trust Services
- Cultivate a culture that supports our core values of community-focused, innovative, responsive, secure, and trustworthy.
- Profile current Bank clients to identify prospects with potential Financial Management & Trust Service needs.
- Network, develop partnerships with centers of influence and actively participate in community organizations and activities (often leadership roles) to build relationships and facilitate referrals.
- Participate in trust department decisions pertaining to policy and strategic planning.
- Assist other employees/departments/branches to promote teamwork and good communication.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in banking, finance, accounting, or Juris Doctor degree.
- 5+ years of trust administration experience or related attorney practice is required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of income tax, estate tax, and trust administration.
- Knowledge of financial planning, and investments a plus.
- Ability to analyze and interpret trust documents.
- Basic computer literacy with knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Knowledge of banking regulations and procedures a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, staff, attorneys, and other professionals as necessary to serve clients.
- Demonstrate analytical decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Work under pressure and perform several tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently or in groups.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
Physical Demands & Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit or stand. The employees will frequently use and talk on the telephone and use a computer and other office equipment. The employee will be required to travel for events and to meet clients off site.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently located inside an office building. The employee is occasionally exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.