ALMACO is the leader in providing innovative solutions to our clients in the seed research industry. Our niche business provides solutions for planting, harvesting and seed processing for corn and soybeans around the world. We offer a family business working atmosphere that incites autonomy and creativity while delivering results in the workplace. We have a solid reputation in the marketplace and vast opportunities in domestic and international growth. Our products include combines, planters, software, and electronics that automate the planting and harvesting processes and deliver solutions and value to the seed research industry.
ALMACO is growing and adding to our team with Steel Processors!
Steel Processors at ALMACO work independently, but still enjoy a friendly team atmosphere. You will receive and prepare the steel and aluminum for our production operations. You will have the opportunity to operate various saws and the press brake. You’ll enjoy working with your hands and take pride in your quality work.
You are reliable and can work 40-50+ hours per week depending on the work schedule. You'll enjoy a friendly, family-style work environment. You'll experience flexibility in your work hours that you won't find in other jobs, variety, and opportunities for advancement.
Opportunities in this position:
- Prepares steel for future assembly by cleaning, de-burring, filling, bending, or grinding using hand tools as instructed.
- Sets up and operates the shear, cold saw, horizontal band saw, or abrasive saw to cut material by sawing or shearing.
- Operates the press brake to bend material using proper techniques.
- Maintains work area and materials by delivering steel or finished parts to various departments, performing minor maintenance on equipment, and maintaining steel storage racks.
An ideal candidate would possess:
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous related work experience or training in a manufacturing setting is preferred.
ALMACO is the global leader in cutting edge technology, innovative solutions, and specialized manufacturer of precision agricultural machinery designed for ag research within the seed industry. Our products are custom built and specifically manufactured to the requirements of leading research programs throughout the world. ALMACO continues to be the innovator in new products and technologies that serve the seed research equipment marketplace, as well as a trusted partner for specialized manufacturing and engineering solutions.
ALMACO is a family-owned business located in Nevada, IA, which is about 10 miles from Ames, IA, and about 30 miles away from Des Moines, IA. We employ about 200 talented professionals.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Health Insurance (with a $0 premium option!)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Match
- Employer-Paid Disability Insurance
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance including Cancer, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, and Accident plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts
- Legal/Financial Consultation
- Employee Assistance Program
National Career Readiness Certificate is welcome.
ALMACO is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender, gender identity, and sexual orientation,) national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. A post-offer pre-employment drug screen and background check are required.