The Iowa State University Foundation is charged with the rewarding task of fundraising for the university. Together, we work as a team to expertly match our donors’ passions with Iowa State’s needs.
The first gift to Iowa State was made in 1899 by alumnus and former professor Edgar Stanton, who donated the original 10 bells of the Campanile. Without this first gift, and all the generous gifts since then, Iowa State’s campus would be completely different. The foundation honors this tradition today by finding new ways to move Iowa State University forward – whether through scholarship support, funding leading-edge facilities, creating new opportunities, or recruiting the best faculty.
The Iowa State University Foundation offers an internship program in institutional development that is designed to provide hands-on experience in the fundraising field. As a participant in this program, the intern will work with a team of talented, creative professionals who understand the highly competitive fundraising environment.
Charged with designing and executing two projects, one related to measuring engagement and one related to fundraising projections, this position will generate a strong portfolio of real-world applications to showcase their statistical knowledge.
Engagement Scoring Tool
- Utilize appropriate statistical methodology to identify and analyze factors important for measuring donor and prospective donor engagement.
- Assist with data interpretation leading to the identification of high priority subpopulations for targeted outreach.
- Provide oral and written reports detailing the results of analyses.
Update Long-Term Strategic Plan Target Data
- Analyze existing targets and develop a repeatable model to update fundraising projections for the year 2050 and beyond.
- Utilize the projections to infer the inputs needed to meet those targets, such as staffing levels and budget.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Strong statistical knowledge and experience using R, Python, SPSS, SAS, or similar.
- A history of conceptualizing, executing, and completing meaningful statistical projects with clear outcomes.
- Good written, verbal, and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate ideas and findings to a professional audience.
- Experience with predictive modeling is a plus.
- Experience working with Salesforce-based CRM system and the data visualization tool, Tableau, is a plus.
- Ability to review technical resource capabilities and make process recommendations, incorporating best industry best practices.
- Strong project management skills to bring together various sources of information to create solution-oriented recommendations.
- Creativity, patience, a sense of humor and a belief in our organizational mission of: Aligning donor passion and generosity to advance Iowa State University’s land grant ideals.
The internship is anticipated to start in January 2024 and continue through the end of summer 2024. The internship will be 30 hours per week (flexible schedule) at $15-$17 per hour; no benefits are offered.
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Location: Ames, IA; possibly hybrid
For additional information, visit the following pages: