ALMACO is the leader in providing innovative solutions to our clients in the seed research industry. Our niche business provides solutions for planting, harvesting and seed processing for corn and soybeans around the world. We offer a family business working atmosphere that incites autonomy and creativity while delivering results in the workplace. We have a solid reputation in the marketplace and vast opportunities in domestic and international growth. Our products include combines, planters, software, and electronics that automate the planting and harvesting processes and deliver solutions and value to the seed research industry.
The Engineering Department at ALMACO is excited to welcome a Software Engineering Co-op for Spring and Summer 2024!
In this role, you will get experience developing in Kotlin to help a new product launch at ALMACO! This is a great role for a student who is interested in Software Engineering, from design to development to testing, and who is excited about working with lots of different types of people.
Please note - the Co-op opening will start in January 2024 and will last until at least August 2024. This is a full-time position.
ALMACO Co-op Program:
- You'll work with a team of Engineers to design and improve software systems for ALMACO agricultural research equipment. Our intern performs work that is very similar to our full-time Electrical and Software Engineers, with a good support system and structure to help them succeed.
- You’ll work in an Android Studio framework, writing code in Kotlin for the control system and user interface of our newest piece of equipment.
- The work is heavily weighted to UI development, database management, and data logging. It will also involve GIS and geospatial farming technologies.
- Hours of work: We ask for full-time hours (40 hours a week or more). We are flexible with schedules and breaks. Typically work can be performed between 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. M-F.
- Work must be completed on-site, so transportation to and from ALMACO (which is in Nevada, Iowa, 10 miles east of Ames) is necessary.
Who is desirable for our Co-op program:
- All student applicants will be considered. Juniors or Seniors in Electrical, Software, or Computer Engineering programs who have had at least one internship or previous and related work experience are preferred.
- Individuals who have had experience with the Kotlin programming language to develop mobile applications.
- Individuals who are comfortable with asking questions and helping to identify necessary tasks and goals.
We are a family-owned business in Nevada, Iowa that focuses on delivering innovative solutions to our clients in the ag industry. We partner with clients to design and build custom planters, harvesters, and seed processing technology for the seed research industry, as well as provide superior service to support their equipment in the field.
ALMACO has a deep-rooted history in central Iowa – we are the oldest business in Story County – but we are also rapidly growing. We offer a culture and workplace that allows for agility, flexibility, and innovation in each project we develop.
ALMACO is a family-owned business located in Nevada, IA, which is about 10 miles from Ames, IA and about 30 miles away from Des Moines, IA.
ALMACO is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. A post-offer pre-employment drug screen and background check are required.