Founded in 1979, WG Provisions has provided customers with unsurpassed high-quality meats, smoke house creations, life-improving biomedical products and business-building order fulfillment services. For over 40 years, WG Provisions has offered quality products and exceptional service proven by our loyal, long-standing customers. We create relationships that deliver the consistent quality and service needed to overcome our customers’ challenges. We're eager to talk to you!
For over 40 years, quality has been at the core of everything we do. Founded in 1979, WG Provisions has provided high quality meats, life-improving biomedical products, and business-building order fulfillment services. Our exclusive meats include roasting pigs, rabbits, specialty meats, and fully cooked meats such as smoked brisket, shredded beef, and pulled pork. WG Provisions has offered quality products and exceptional service proven by our loyal, long-standing customers. We create relationships that deliver the consistent quality and service needed to overcome our customers’ challenges.
The position is based in Jewell, Iowa at our Smokehouse production facility.
At WG Provisions our core values are honesty, consistency and teamwork. By living out those values we foster an environment where our employees and our customers can count on us.
This position serves in an administrative capacity to support the management and operational team of the Smokehouse. This position will report to Shon Osborn, Senior Production Manager. This position will work to assist with human resources, purchasing, logistics, inventory control, time keeping, maintain filing systems, oversee shipping and delivery schedules, onboard new hires, phone support, and maintain a high level of organization at the facility. This position requires an energetic professional who enjoys wearing multiple hats.
- Administrative and Clerical Support
- Review and edit approved timecards for Smokehouse facility and submit to payroll as needed
- Assist job seekers with initial steps of employee applications.
- Process onboarding and offboarding documents for new and terminated employees
- Process employee work comp claims.
- Support our team with periodic employee training as directed.
- Administer employee product orders.
- Assist with organizing data on server
- Maintain a well-organized hardcopy filing system for the Smokehouse facility.
- Periodically review and clean up files
- Maintain Safety Data Sheets and update as needed. Must be accessible by all employees.
- Assist visitors to the facility including contractors, mail delivery, etc.
- Answer phones, pick up and process mail, run errands and other basic clerical tasks
- Create Smokehouse operational reports as requested by Management.
- Distribute and place into storage items that are received by UPS/ FedEx, etc.
- Assist and direct visitors that come to the front door.
- Light cleaning of the offices, restrooms and kitchen areas.
- Issue resolutions as needed.
- Other duties or projects as assigned.
- Purchasing & Receiving
- Ensure all invoices are forwarded to the payables team
- Maintain files of packing slips; match packing slips to invoices
- Route invoices through Smokehouse team for approval and coordinate necessary communication with the payables team
- Inventory Control
- Assist Production Support Manager with monitoring inventory levels and determine reorder points for the Smokehouse
- Manage employee welfare needs and supplies working with Production Manager to ensure adequate supply
- Request office supplies and monitor usage.
- Work with Production Support Manager to know daily truck schedule for the Smokehouse; coordinate on-site with drivers and Smokehouse team
- Track down logistics issues that come up; assist Production Manager in running point to resolve issues
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum High School diploma/GED required.
- Preferred Associate degree in a related field
- 2 plus years of administrative experience; extensive knowledge of office administration, clerical procedures, and recordkeeping systems.
- Excellent technology computer skills are essential. Knowledge of Microsoft excel, word and outlook. Technical aptitude and adaptability
- Deep organization skills and excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Communicative and responsive
- Ability to work in fast paced environment, quick on feet and quick to respond.
- Strong phone presence and experience in negotiating contracts.
- Background in products industry preferred, meat or agriculture products a plus
- Role model of sound judgement, personal responsibility, meeting deadlines and team player
- Highly organized, self-motivated, responsive; excellent verbal and written communication, tact
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Passion for agriculture, livestock, and meat industry
Senior Production Manager