ALMACO is the leader in providing innovative solutions to our clients in the seed research industry. Our niche business provides solutions for planting, harvesting and seed processing for corn and soybeans around the world. We offer a family business working atmosphere that incites autonomy and creativity while delivering results in the workplace. We have a solid reputation in the marketplace and vast opportunities in domestic and international growth. Our products include combines, planters, software, and electronics that automate the planting and harvesting processes and deliver solutions and value to the seed research industry.
ALMACO is currently seeking an Ag Equipment Service Technician to work from our central service shop located in Nevada, IA. Service Technicians work on a team to complete preventative maintenance, repairs, and modifications of ALMACO combines and planters.
Our machines are highly technical, and we work as generalists - this means that you may be working on mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, and computer systems. Our machines are also custom-designed for each client, so our team is made up of people who can solve problems quickly and creatively.
Great things about ALMACO:
- We offer a free health insurance option for employees!
- We offer flexible schedules so you can take care of the things that matter. In addition, PTO starts accruing on day one.
- We're a family-owned company, and the owners know you by name and care about you as a person.
- Perform maintenance, preventative maintenance, and complex repairs to ALMACO agricultural research equipment, including harvesters and planters.
- Disassemble products for purposes of diagnosing or correcting problems or installing replacement parts, and rebuild products after modifications, replacements, or repairs are complete.
- Maintain service reports on a daily or per-job basis as well as documentation of labor.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Successful experience with testing, troubleshooting, and repairing electro-mechanical equipment and devices.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- A valid Drivers License and ability to be insured under ALMACO auto insurance.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills to resolve, discuss and explain technical information with manufacturing, engineers and customers for their complete understanding.
- Education or experience with diesel mechanics is preferred but not required.
- Ability to travel by car and airplane.
We are a family-owned business in Nevada, Iowa that focuses on delivering innovative solutions to our clients in the ag industry. We partner with clients to design and build custom planters, harvesters, and seed processing technology for the seed research industry, as well as provide superior service to support their equipment in the field.
ALMACO has a deep-rooted history in central Iowa – we are the oldest business in Story County – but we are also rapidly growing. We offer a culture and workplace that allows for agility, flexibility, and innovation in each project that we take on.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Health Insurance (with a $0 premium option!)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Match
- Employer-Paid Disability Insurance
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance including Cancer, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity and Accident plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts
- Legal/Financial Consultation
National Career Readiness Certificate is welcome.
ALMACO is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender, gender identity, and sexual orientation,) national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. A post-offer pre-employment drug screen and background check are required.