The Iowa State University Foundation is charged with the rewarding task of fundraising for the university. Together, we work as a team to expertly match our donors’ passions with Iowa State’s needs.
The first gift to Iowa State was made in 1899 by alumnus and former professor Edgar Stanton, who donated the original 10 bells of the Campanile. Without this first gift, and all the generous gifts since then, Iowa State’s campus would be completely different. The foundation honors this tradition today by finding new ways to move Iowa State University forward – whether through scholarship support, funding leading-edge facilities, creating new opportunities, or recruiting the best faculty.
As senior development coordinator, you will provide administrative and operational support to a team of development professionals whose primary objective is to secure and steward private support for the College of Engineering. This position will also supervise office support staff on the College of Engineering development team.
Core Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide day-to-day administrative support for the executive director of development.
- Provide leadership within the engineering development program including project oversight, donor issues, documentation management, and office policies and procedures related to the College of Engineering and the ISU Foundation.
- Conduct prospect research, information gathering and data analysis of engineering donors and prospects to enhance the pipeline development and continued portfolio development of benefactors for engineering. Prepare and present information to development officers for developing strategy and conducting personal visits.
- Manage the engineering development travel budgets. Oversee disbursement voucher processing, expenditures, and expense reimbursement for development officers.
- Coordination of schedules, dates, locations, preparation of agendas, itineraries, presentation materials, briefing documents and biological information for stewardship and events.
- Manage development office communications, correspondence, and compliance with stated records retention procedures of the ISU Foundation.
- Plan and direct campus visits for individuals and corporations.
- Supervise office support staff: hire, train, coach/mentor, supervise and evaluate, providing formal written feedback twice a year and conducting regular check-ins with staff focused on both current projects and tasks as well as career growth and leadership development.
- Coordinate efficient operation of the engineering development office including ordering supplies and ensuring adequate coverage of the office for walk-in traffic and telephone coverage during business hours.
Education & Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or appropriate related years of experience at a comparable level relating to the duties required of this position.
- 7 years of professional experience or combination of relevant education and/or demonstrated work experience.
- Experience managing staff is required. Experience interpreting financial data is preferred.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal), professional judgment, organization planning, diplomacy, and professionalism.
- Must be able to handle a number of activities simultaneously with attention to detail and adherence to deadlines and accuracy.
- Organizational planning, diplomacy, and professionalism. Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Must be adaptable, flexible, and self-directed.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite of applications and possess the ability to learn in-house computer systems.
- Must adhere to strict confidentiality standards.
- Experience interpreting financial data is preferred.
- Creativity, patience, a sense of humor and a belief in our organizational mission of: Aligning donor passion and generosity to advance Iowa State University’s land grant ideals.
Travel: No travel required
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Ames, IA; potentially hybrid
For additional information, visit the following pages: