ALMACO is the leader in providing innovative solutions to our clients in the seed research industry. Our niche business provides solutions for planting, harvesting and seed processing for corn and soybeans around the world. We offer a family business working atmosphere that incites autonomy and creativity while delivering results in the workplace. We have a solid reputation in the marketplace and vast opportunities in domestic and international growth. Our products include combines, planters, software, and electronics that automate the planting and harvesting processes and deliver solutions and value to the seed research industry.
ALMACO is looking for a talented professional to provide leadership to our sales team and manage key accounts.
If you’re interested in leading a team that sells cutting-edge, new technologies and helps us to feed the world, then you have a place here at ALMACO.
At ALMACO, based in Nevada, IA, team members enjoy a company culture focused on work-life balance with flexible schedules, free healthcare packages, and owners who know you by name.
Our organization delivers innovative solutions to clients in the ag industry - partnering with companies in the seed research industry to design and build custom planters, harvesters, and seed processing technology for the seed research industry, and providing them with superior service to support their equipment in the field.
As the Sales Manager, you’ll work as a selling manager, supporting key accounts and providing leadership and development for the Sales team. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams including product management, service, engineering, and manufacturing. Expect to work on a variety of products, initiatives, and organization-wide goals in collaboration with other managers and leaders. You’ll have a large influence on not only the sales department but the organization as a whole as you interact with ownership and the Executive Leadership Team.
This is a full-time position with flexible day-shift hours. Most work will be completed on-site at our headquarters in central Iowa with travel to customer sites both throughout the United States and internationally required.
This role is the right fit for you if:
- You have had success in leading a team and you have a passion for coaching and development.
- You are experienced in building strong relationships with key accounts to close sales.
- You have worked cross-functionally with engineering, manufacturing, and service teams to ensure order accuracy and client delight.
- You have sold capital equipment.
- It is a BONUS if you have experience in ag industry sales, an understanding of agricultural practices including equipment used in growing corn and soybeans and an understand the seed research process.
Leadership at ALMACO:
- You will be accountable for a team of 2-4 individuals in outside sales and will report to the CEO.
- We seek leaders that speak with candor and compassion, provide clear vision while inviting collaboration, and call their employees to greatness through personal support and recognition of the individual.
- A bachelor’s degree in business, technical sales, marketing, or ag science is required, OR an equivalent combination of education (including a High School Diploma or equivalent), training, and relevant experience that provides the required knowledge and skills to perform the above responsibilities.
- Professional and progressive experience with Sales is required.
- Experience as a direct supervisor/manager is required.
- Experience with capital sales, including agricultural equipment, construction equipment, or other large-scale equipment is preferred
- Experience with seed research or the agricultural industry is preferred.
- Experience selling customized equipment is preferred.
- Experience leading a sales team is preferred.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Health Insurance (with a $0 premium option!)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Match
- Employer-Paid Disability Insurance
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance including Cancer, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, and Accident plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts
- Legal/Financial Consultation
- Employee Assistance Program
- Assigned vehicle and paid travel expenses
National Career Readiness Certificate is welcome.
ALMACO is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender, gender identity, and sexual orientation,) national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. A post-offer pre-employment drug screen and background check are required.