At AgIdea we apply Agricultural Research to bridge Discoveries to the Market. We transform our customers’ innovations into applied technologies for food and energy production. We are at the right intersection between Science and Business to help ag technology companies make the best decisions around their pre-commercial technologies. The farming technologies that growers worldwide acquire from our customers have undergone an extensive Pre-commercial Pipeline in which it takes a novel seed, pesticide, or biotechnological trait about 12 years and $ 200MM, to reach the market. Along this Pipeline, our customers need to generate a lot of research information about the efficacy and innocuity of their prospective products. AgIdea is a preferred outsourcing company for generating such information. Currently, AgIdea has a very focused team in the areas of agronomy, biology, and biotechnology. Our high-value service essentially consists of doing experiments, testing, and evaluating our customers' pre-commercial products in our Laboratories and in a network of Field Research Stations strategically placed throughout Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Paraguay, and the United States.
About AgIdea - www.agidea.com.ar
At AgIdea we provide scientific support to R&D and Regulatory projects for the Biotechnology, Seed, and Crop Protection Industry. We are a Contract Research Organization (CRO) that is at the right intersection between Science and Business. Our mission is to help Ag technology Companies make best decisions around their pre-commercial technologies, based on solid knowledge and information.
About the project in USA
As part of its process of continuing growth, in 2016 AgIdea started up operations in the United States for servicing the expanding needs of our current customers. Starting with two field testing locations in the state of Missouri, we have continued to expand within the state and into the states of Iowa, Kansas and Illinois.
Main responsibilities of position
- Assist both Operations and Project Management teams
- Collect data in Field Trials according to Protocol and Procedures
- Assist in management of interns and temporary employees
- Assist site leadership in driving a strategic vision for the teams
- Help with the planting, pollinating, note taking and harvesting of Field Trials during the growing season
Profile of candidates
- Professional with a background in agronomy
- Willingness to continue learning and training
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Knowledge of crop production, farming practices, and farm equipment a plus
- Passion for and solid knowledge of emerging trends in agriculture
- We will value proactive, self-managed candidates with outstanding capabilities for teamwork
- Willingness to work in a variety of areas (field, lab, office)
- With strong safety and sustainability culture
- Work Experience
- Bachelor's degree with knowledge of field agricultural research activities. Strong Microsoft Office skills are a must. Specific knowledge on plant protection, plant pathology, microbiology, weed science, agronomy, and/or seed & traits, is highly preferred.
- CDL and Pesticide Applicators license or ability to obtain them
- Nevada, IA, United States, USA.
- Position with a strong component of field work.
- Permanent – Full time job, with growth and development challenges as US activities develop over time.
Please send resumes along with expected hiring conditions to firstname.lastname@example.org