ALMACO is the leader in providing innovative solutions to our clients in the seed research industry. Our niche business provides solutions for planting, harvesting and seed processing for corn and soybeans around the world. We offer a family business working atmosphere that incites autonomy and creativity while delivering results in the workplace. We have a solid reputation in the marketplace and vast opportunities in domestic and international growth. Our products include combines, planters, software, and electronics that automate the planting and harvesting processes and deliver solutions and value to the seed research industry.
ALMACO is growing and adding to our team with Production Welders!
Production Welders at ALMACO work independently, but still enjoy a friendly team atmosphere. You will have a lot of flexibility in your work schedule, because after training, you can work with your manager on the hours that work best with your schedule. We don't have seasonal lay-offs and we do offer overtime hours.
You'll love this job if you are a skilled welder who wants to run wire all day. This position is for welders who aren’t as interested in fabrication – in this position you will use a jig to set up your work and spend most of your time welding. You are proud of your quality work and enjoy building things with your own two hands.
You are reliable and can work 40-50+ hours per week depending on the work schedule. You'll enjoy a friendly, family-style work environment. You'll work at your own bench to weld parts and subassemblies. You'll experience flexibility in your work hours that you won't find in other jobs, variety, and opportunities for advancement.
This position is available on 1st shift (flexible daytime hours) or 2nd shift (3 pm – 1:30 am M-Th). Full-time (40+ hours / week) and Part-Time (at least 20 hours/week) positions are available.
Opportunities in this position:
- Construct metal sub-assemblies for agricultural research equipment by setting up and welding with 0.035 or 0.045 wire on 1/8” or thicker material.
- Use a wide variety of hand and power tools and related equipment such as a saw, shear, grinder, and small presses to reduce and prepare metals.
- Read prints, drawings, work orders, and written instructions to plan and lay out work, completing assignments with an emphasis on safety and quality.
- Clean and grind welds using appropriate methods to prepare the material for assembly.
An ideal candidate would possess:
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience or education in welding using MIG and TIG, using 0.035 or 0.045 MIG wire.
- AWS D1.1 certification or the ability to obtain certification (testing done onsite.)
- A record of dependability and cooperation in previous work environments.
- Ability and skill to effectively operate a wide range of hand and power tools.
ALMACO is the global leader in cutting edge technology, innovative solutions, and specialized manufacturer of precision agricultural machinery designed for ag research within the seed industry. Our products are custom built and specifically manufactured to the requirements of leading research programs throughout the world. ALMACO continues to be the innovator in new products and technologies that serve the seed research equipment marketplace, as well as a trusted partner for specialized manufacturing and engineering solutions.
ALMACO is a family-owned business located in Nevada, IA, which is about 10 miles from Ames, IA, and about 30 miles away from Des Moines, IA. We employ about 200 talented professionals.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Health Insurance (with a $0 premium option!)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Match of 4%
- Employer-Paid Disability Insurance
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Supplemental insurance including Cancer, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, and Accident plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts
- Legal/Financial Consultation
- Employee Assistance Program
National Career Readiness Certificate is welcome.
ALMACO is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation,) national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. A post-offer pre-employment drug screen and background check are required.