AgCertain is a food, agricultural and bio-based product development, manufacturing and marketing company. Operating within a highly certified, traceable production and distribution system ensures delivery of specialty, quality-assured products and services. The AgCertain team connects and integrates with customers to create the collaboration which is fundamental to sophisticated supply chain management. Most transactions are conducted in a business-to-business manner on a direct commercial or contract manufacturing basis.
Manufacturing Technician is an entry level manufacturing position within the production team. The Manufacturing Technician is short-term training position, intended to allow the employee time for training to become proficient in safely performing production responsibilities according to established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in any one of three production areas. The production lines include glycerin refining, specialty vegetable oil refining, and the continuous vegetable oil refinery. Proficiency is defined as completion of all documented training for that system and a working understanding of the process including potential for process improvements, utility requirements, troubleshooting, and minimum maintenance training. Continuous improvement is a primary focus of all AgCertain employees.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Operate safely and appropriately in all AgCertain situations and environments
- Be able to demonstrate a basic and continuously increasing understanding of the Glycerin Refining Line #1, or Vegetable Oil refining Line #2, and the associated utility systems within the processing production areas, including formal testing and evaluation procedures.
- Follow all written procedures (SOPs) and work instructions that pertain to the respective area. These include but are not limited to the production of Glycerin/Oils, maintenance of equipment, proper record keeping, and cleaning or sanitation of equipment and production areas.
- Complete all required documentation accurately and in a timely manner.
- Perform routine lab analysis of in-process samples.
- Comply with all Occupational Safety policies and procedures within the plant.
- Undergo Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) training and be able to apply GMPs to the production process.
- Perform sanitation duties in accordance with SOPs, Food Safety and GMP compliance.
- Participate in all company trainings.
- Support Logistics team when necessary receiving and shipping material, packaging product, etc.
- Perform all other additional duties as assigned.
- Prior experience in a food processing plant, biodiesel, ethanol, or manufacturing facility preferred.
- Must be computer literate and demonstrate good mechanical aptitude.
- Must be able to work different shifts (including weekends and/or nights) and to respond to emergencies and after-hours communication as necessary.
- Must be able to operate heavy equipment (electric forklift, diesel telehandler forklift) once trained.
- Physical abilities to include ability to lift 75 lbs. (34 Kg), able to climb stairs and not affected by heights.
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent level certification with proven and reading, writing and mathematics skills
- Able to work on teams with frequently changing team members, able to communicate across varying platforms, and do so in a manner that facilitates excellent teamwork
- Able to work in widely varying weather and temperature conditions, whether winter or summer