ALMACO is the leader in providing innovative solutions to our clients in the seed research industry. Our niche business provides solutions for planting, harvesting and seed processing for corn and soybeans around the world. We offer a family business working atmosphere that incites autonomy and creativity while delivering results in the workplace. We have a solid reputation in the marketplace and vast opportunities in domestic and international growth. Our products include combines, planters, software, and electronics that automate the planting and harvesting processes and deliver solutions and value to the seed research industry.
ALMACO is growing and adding to our team with Production Assemblers!
Production Assemblers at ALMACO focus on building structural and mechanical metal sub-assemblies. This is an entry-level position and formal education or experience is not required.
You are reliable and can work 40-50+ hours per week depending on the work schedule. You'll enjoy a friendly, family-style work environment. You'll experience flexibility in your work hours that you won't find in other jobs, variety, and opportunities for advancement.
This position is available on 1st shift (flexible daytime hours) or 2nd shift (3:00 pm - 1:30 am M-Th), and can be full-time (40 hours/week) or part-time (20 hours/week or more).
Opportunities in this position:
- Assembles large-scale components using a wide variety of hand and power tools.
- Performs quality checks on equipment to ensure correct assembly and fabrication.
An ideal candidate would possess:
- Experience using hand tools or working in a manufacturing environment.
- A record of dependability and cooperation in previous work environments.
- Ability and skill to effectively operate a wide range of hand and power tools.
- Ability to sit, stand, and walk to build large metal assemblies.
ALMACO is the global leader in cutting-edge technology, innovative solutions, and specialized manufacturer of precision agricultural machinery designed for ag-research within the seed industry. Our products are custom built and specifically manufactured to the requirements of leading research programs throughout the world. ALMACO continues to be the innovator in new products and technologies that serve the seed research equipment marketplace.
ALMACO is a family-owned business located in Nevada, IA, which is about 10 miles from Ames, IA, and about 30 miles away from Des Moines, IA. We employ about 200 talented professionals.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Health Insurance (with a $0 premium option!)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Match of 4%
- Employer-Paid Disability Insurance
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Supplemental insurance including Cancer, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, and Accident plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts
- Legal/Financial Consultation
- Employee Assistance Program
National Career Readiness Certificate is welcome.
ALMACO is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation,) national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. A post-offer pre-employment drug screen and background check are required.