ALMACO is the leader in providing innovative solutions to our clients in the seed research industry. Our niche business provides solutions for planting, harvesting and seed processing for corn and soybeans around the world. We offer a family business working atmosphere that incites autonomy and creativity while delivering results in the workplace. We have a solid reputation in the marketplace and vast opportunities in domestic and international growth. Our products include combines, planters, software, and electronics that automate the planting and harvesting processes and deliver solutions and value to the seed research industry.
ALMACO is growing and adding to our team with Product Assembly Technicians!
Assembly Technicians at ALMACO enjoy building our customized combines, planters, and other equipment used for seed research.
You'll work with a team of assemblers to build our agricultural research equipment. You don't have "assembly line" experience, and that's not what you'd do here. Instead, you'll help build custom equipment, one at a time, using your creativity and mechanical aptitude. You'll take on a wide variety of responsibilities and activities, including wiring, hydraulic assembly, and assembling large metal components.
You've got a few years of mechanical assembly or repair experience, perhaps with cars, agricultural equipment, construction equipment, or similar. You're used to working without a lot of direction and like to take ownership of your projects.
You are reliable and can work 40-50+ hours per week depending on the work schedule. You'll enjoy a friendly, family-style work environment. You'll experience flexibility in your work hours that you won't find in other jobs, variety, and opportunities for advancement.
Opportunities in this position:
- Assembles large scale components, wiring, electronics, and hydraulic control systems for ALMACO agricultural research equipment, including combines and planters, using a wide variety of hand and power tools.
- Assembles painted metal sub-assemblies and final assemblies using various fastening devices and connecting methods.
- Performs quality checks on equipment to ensure correct assembly and fabrication.
- Modifies and repairs existing ALMACO products, disassembling products for purposes of diagnosing or correcting problems.
An ideal candidate would possess:
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of related and successful work experience, including experience with mechanical assembly or repair.
- A record of dependability and cooperation in previous work environments.
- Ability and skill to effectively operate a wide range of hand and power tools. Assemblers use their own tools on the job.
ALMACO is the global leader in cutting edge technology, innovative solutions, and specialized manufacturer of precision agricultural machinery designed for ag-research within the seed industry. Our products are custom built and specifically manufactured to the requirements of leading research programs throughout the world. ALMACO continues to be the innovator in new products and technologies that serve the seed research equipment marketplace.
ALMACO is a family-owned business located in Nevada, IA, which is about 10 miles from Ames, IA, and about 30 miles away from Des Moines, IA. We employ about 200 talented professionals.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Health Insurance (with a $0 premium option!)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Match of 4%
- Employer-Paid Disability Insurance
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Supplemental insurance including Cancer, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, and Accident plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts
- Legal/Financial Consultation
- Employee Assistance Program
National Career Readiness Certificate is welcome.
ALMACO is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation,) national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. A post-offer pre-employment drug screen and background check are required.