Did you know LifeServe Blood Center provides blood products to 161 hospitals primarily in Iowa, Nebraska and South Dakota? From Avera St. Anthony’s in O’Neill, NE to Mary Greeley Medical Center in Ames, IA, hospitals choose US to be their ONLY provider. Successful decades-long partnerships with these medical centers secured LifeServe a reputation as a trusted local blood center.
Your donation with LifeServe will help save your neighbor, a friend, family member or a stranger in your community! When donors donate with another blood collection organization within our community, their local donation does not support their local hospital. Only blood collected by LifeServe Blood Center is provided to our local hospitals.
We need 200,000 community members to donate each year to ensure our local hospital patients have the blood products they need.
Your Blood. Your Hospital. Your Neighbors
Join our team and help save lives! No experience necessary! ALL PAID TRAINING PROVIDED! Great pay while receiving valuable training in a healthcare-related field, whether you are just entering the workforce, have experience, or are seeking change.
Minimum starting wage = $16.45 per hour based on flexibility of schedule. Typical promotion at 6-8 months.
All training is provided for you to…SAVE LIVES WITH US! Did you know LifeServe Blood Center is the SOLE provider of blood to more than 160 local hospitals in Iowa, Nebraska, and South Dakota?
Just some of our BENEFITS:
- Generous paid time off for both part-and full-time
- 50% tuition reimbursement
- Employer-matching retirement contributions
- Supplemental accident insurance
- Supplemental critical illness insurance
- Additional shift differential is available for hours worked after 6:00 PM
- Great team to work with while helping to save lives!
Training for primary responsibilities will include:
- Interacting with and registering our lifesaving donors
- Convey the big picture of saving lives to everyone
- Performing medical history screenings
- Performing phlebotomy blood draws
- Assisting with mobile and donor center setups and tear downs
- Part Time
- Must be available three days per week (including Saturdays)
Education and/or experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent is required
- Valid Driver’s License
- Previous phlebotomy or healthcare experience preferred but not required
- Experience in retail, customer service, food service or restaurant is valued
- Shifts may require long periods of standing/walking
- Follow all training and operating procedures
- Professional, courteous behavior at all times
- Demonstrate qualities of integrity and commitment to the organization’s mission
Offers of employment are contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment, post offer drug testing and background checks.
LifeServe Blood Center is fully committed to equal employment opportunity. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.