Barilla America, Inc. wants to recruit a Maintenance Technician within Supply Chain based in Ames, Iowa. The individual will report to the Technical Area Manager.
Job Purpose: The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the operation, repair, troubleshooting, and preventative maintenance of all production equipment within Barilla America’s entire facility. Lead projects along with training and coaching other maintenance technicians.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance as necessary to ensure plant reliability.
- Assist and/or lead in maintenance procedures throughout the plant.
- Complete various projects including welding, machining, mechanical, electrical, and work orders as assigned.
- Monitor plant facilities which include air system, fire system, etc.
- Ability to diagnose, repair, and/or replace damage or malfunctioning equipment including chilled water, heating, air conditioning, ventilation, and air compressors.
- Prioritize maintenance work that needs to be completed.
- Partner with Packing and Processing to ensure product flow (e.g. work with operators on troubleshooting, and operate machinery).
- Assist and/or lead in maintenance procedures through contractors / vendors.
- Troubleshoot PLC and use PLC to troubleshoot equipment issues.
- Troubleshoot VFD’s.
- Train operators and maintenance technicians on machinery and technical competencies.
- Make analysis on the machine performances and provide corrective/predictive actions in case needed.
- PM scheduling for the equipment in the responsible area.
- Coordination of internal maintenance and external company people during PM.
- Specialist reference for problem solving.
- Support the Maintenance Manager in defining the investment plan; suggesting interventions and the preliminary phases of R.C.A. (Request for Capital Appropriation).
- Involved in commissioning of new equipment installed which involves working closely with plant engineering department.
- Work and communicate well with others and effectively contribute to the working relationships within Barilla America.
- Comply with the environmental policies and procedures at Barilla Ames facility including energy efficiency, reduce – re-use – recycle goals, reporting requirements and sustainable initiatives. Actively participate in the Spill Team, Storm Water Pollution Prevention Team and complete all tasks relating or involving any environmental aspects within the procedural guidelines (including those issues which involve oil, chemicals, used oil as well as follow to any environmental inspections).
Follows ISO22000 policies and procedures, address / communicate quality and food safety issues as they occur.
- AA degree in maintenance related field or three years of maintenance experience including (mechanical and or electrical).
- Needs 1-3 years experience in a manufacturing environment to include utilites maintenance.
- A general working knowledge of computers is required including Microsoft Office.
- Prior experience with computerized maintenance systems, experience with PLC’s (Allen Bradley and Siemans) and /or VFD’s (Allen Bradley) is a plus.
- Required to be a FSMA qualified individual, following all requirements from FSMA regulations
- Ensure compliance and understanding for quality procedures that directly tie to food safety—PRPs, OPRPs, CCPs and FSMA requirements
Diverse candidates and veterans encouraged to apply.
Barilla is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Barilla to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard characteristics including, but not limited to, age, race, color, culture, ethnicity, nationality, faith, religion, gender, pregnancy, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran or protected veteran status, political opinions, health or disability.