Hawkeye Molding specializes in Iowa-made custom injection molded parts & products serving the industries of appliance, agriculture, furniture, industrial, lighting, and manufacturing components.
Hawkeye Molding has two facilities in the Iowa heartland – Roland and Albia, and are ISO 9001:2015 certified. With our 38 horizontal injection molding machines ranging from 15 tons to 1375 tons, we are fully committed to providing high-quality injection molded products to our customers.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the repair and maintenance of the equipment and facilities at Hawkeye Molding.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following diagrams, schematics, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- This individual must have good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must have the ability to work independently, and with other personal within the department and organization.
- Driver’s license and a clean driving record required.
- This individual must be self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
Skills and Abilities (Continued)
- This individual must be very detail and safety oriented.
- This position requires an aptitude for working on heavy equipment and troubleshooting problems.
- Welding and Fabrication knowledge preferred.
- Electrical knowledge preferred.
- HVAC knowledge preferred.
- Hydraulic and pneumatic knowledge preferred.
- Operational knowledge of Skid steer, Fork lifts, Scissor lifts and other types of equipment preferred.
- 3-5 Years
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Trade School or Certificates Preferred