We partner with children, youth and families, people with disabilities, the elderly and people of refugee status – helping people in times of need, strengthening families and advocating dignity and social justice for our neighbors in the community.
LSI is one of Iowa’s largest human service agencies with over 1,000 employees and is nationally accredited by the Council on Accreditation.
Are you passionate about helping others and making a difference in your community? LSI is looking for Independent Providers for LSI's Host Home program in the Northwest Iowa region. You can change the world and have a huge impact by hosting an adult with disabilities in your home.
The Independent Providers will provide guidance, support, and care for the individual living in your home. Provider will be working with the mentee on goals which could include things like, shopping, budgeting coping skills, cooking meals, personal hygiene, and assisting them in ways to integrate into their community. Provider will be an advocate/mentor helping them to live their best life possible.
This partnership allows you to establish a meaningful relationship with the person you are hosting as you invite them to become part of your family.
This is a contracted position. LSI will help match mentors and mentees, offer support, guidance and resources for trainings. There are training requirements and a home safety check before a match can be made and a mentee placed.
Our average Independent Provider pay is $70,000 annually.
We are currently looking for Independent Providers in the Northwest Region. This region encompasses 33 counties in northwest Iowa. The region includes Ames area to the north and to the west borders of Iowa; including the following counties: Story, Hardin, Franklin, Cerro Gordo, Worth, Winnebago, Hancock, Wright, Hamilton, Boone, Greene, Webster, Humboldt, Kossuth, Emmet, Palo Alto, Pocahontas, Calhoun, Carroll, Crawford, Sac, Buena Vista, Clay, Dickinson, Osceola, O'Brien, Cherokee, Ida, Crawford, Monona, Woodbury, Plymouth, Sioux, Lyon. (Ames, Boone, Orange City, Sioux City, Denison, Carroll, Sac City, Fort Dodge, Hampton, Algona, Mason City, Charles City, New Hampton and surrounding towns within the counties listed above.)
LSI is continuing to grow and expand our Host Home program and is looking for Independent Providers across the state! If you or you know someone who may be interested in learning more or becoming a Host Home Independent Provider check our job board for other regions in the state: https://lsiowa.applicantpool.com/jobs/
- You must be 21 or older
- You must reside in Iowa
- You must have a high school diploma or GED
- You must have a current/valid driver's license
- You must meet minimum insurance requirements
- You must have access to a computer/internet to complete documentation requirements
- You must have a private bedroom available for the person you will be sharing your home with
- You must be able to pass the screening process. Each independent provider must complete an in-depth screening process that includes background checks of the potential provider and all of the people who reside in the home who are over the age of 18, a three part interview, a home safety check, and several other reference checks.
- You must have flexibility and creativity
- Finally, you'll need a passion for making a difference in the world
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.