Job Purpose: The General Utilities Technician is responsible for the operation and maintenance of Barilla America’s general utilities, HVAC related equipment, and other building related issues.
- Assist in preparation and implementation of the General Utilities preventative maintenance schedule.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance as necessary on equipment such as boilers, heat exchangers, pumps, chillers, cooling towers, air compressors, air dryers, vacuum pumps, fan coil units, etc. to ensure plant reliability.
- Monitor the functioning of general utilities through BAS and local control panels.
- Order and replace parts when required.
- Communicate operational changes to managers and all affected personnel.
- Maintain HVAC systems for production, plant and mill.
- Perform the maintenance on fire prevention systems within the plant or if needed coordinate with contractors regarding maintenance of the fire system components including pipes, fire extinguishers, systems testing, and pumps, not excluding the alarm panel.
- Document maintenance utilities in maintenance software systems such as CMMS.
- Perpetually maintains operational sanitation inside and outside of equipment and work area.
- Assist and support other Maintenance Technicians on the production floor as necessary. This may include such tasks as the routine preventative maintenance interventions.
- Assist in new hire training and cross–training efforts of other technicians.
- Work and communicate well with others and effectively contribute to the working relationships within Barilla.
- Be an active participant in all Safety and Environmental Team, training and inspection activities throughout the plant.
- Education/Work Experience: A high school diploma/GED is required for this position. Previous work experience in the general utilities functions of a plant/production facility is preferred. HVAC experience is preferred, but not required. A general working knowledge of computers or experience with Microsoft Office is helpful.
- Physical/Mental/Organizational Capabilities: The individual must possess the ability to walk, stand, sit, bend, climb stairs and ladders, lift at least 100 lbs., and have manual dexterity for tool use. Problem solving, troubleshooting and decision making skills are also required.
- Visual/Hearing Capabilities: The individual must possess the hearing ability necessary for communication and to differentiate operational problems on machinery.
Diverse candidates and veterans encouraged to apply.
Barilla is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Barilla to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard characteristics including, but not limited to, age, race, color, culture, ethnicity, nationality, faith, religion, gender, pregnancy, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran or protected veteran status, political opinions, health or disability.