ALMACO is the leader in providing innovative solutions to our clients in the seed research industry. Our niche business provides solutions for planting, harvesting and seed processing for corn and soybeans around the world. We offer a family business working atmosphere that incites autonomy and creativity while delivering results in the workplace. We have a solid reputation in the marketplace and vast opportunities in domestic and international growth. Our products include combines, planters, software, and electronics that automate the planting and harvesting processes and deliver solutions and value to the seed research industry.
ALMACO in Nevada, IA is seeking individuals with experience assembling electronic components and assemblies for our seed research equipment. Our team of Electronics Assemblers work at their own bench on various projects - there is no assembly line and the work is varied. If you have had experience with electronics assembly and if you enjoy working independently on projects, this may be a good fit!
This position is a full-time position with flexible day shift hours.
Great things about ALMACO:
- We offer a free health insurance option for employees!
- We offer flexible schedules so you can take care of the things that matter. In addition, PTO starts accruing on day one.
- You'll enjoy a comfortable, air-conditioned work environment with a friendly team.
- We're a family-owned company, and the owners know you by name and care about you as a person.
Opportunities in this position:
- You'll build and install electrical and electronic control boards and systems into ALMACO specialized agricultural equipment by reading and interpreting schematics and attaching wires, fasteners, relays, switches, controllers, etc. per design requirements.
- You'll repair, install, and modifies electro-mechanical equipment.
- You'll perform prototype equipment test studies and experiments.
- You'll assist in the development of new or modified electrical components by collaborating with engineers, customers, and suppliers.
- You may provide excellent customer service on the phone or in-person to support ALMACO equipment.
To excel in this position, you have:
- A high-school diploma or equivalent.
- Some experience and/or education in building, testing, troubleshooting, and repairing electro-mechanical equipment and devices.
- Good knowledge of and skill to assemble together wires, boards, components, and purchased parts using hand tools, fasteners, and soldering techniques into sub-assemblies.
ALMACO is the leader in providing innovative solutions to our clients in the seed research industry. Our niche business provides solutions for planting, harvesting, and seed processing technologies for corn and soybeans around the world. We offer a family business working atmosphere that incites autonomy and creativity while delivering results in the workplace. We are a rapidly growing company with a solid reputation in the marketplace and vast opportunities for domestic and international growth. Our products include combines, planters, software, and electronics that automate the planting and harvesting processes and deliver solutions and value to the seed research industry.
ALMACO’s global headquarters is located in Nevada, Iowa, and we employ about 190 talented employees. We offer a culture and workplace that allows for agility, flexibility, and innovation in each project that we take on.
ALMACO offers Paid Time Off, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k) match, employer-paid disability insurance, employer-paid life insurance, supplemental insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, legal/financial consultation and EAP.
National Career Readiness Certificate is welcome.
ALMACO is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender, gender identity, and sexual orientation,) national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. A post-offer pre-employment drug screen and background check are required.