The Iowa State University Foundation is charged with the rewarding task of fundraising for the university. Together, we work as a team to expertly match our donors’ passions with Iowa State’s needs.
The first gift to Iowa State was made in 1899 by alumnus and former professor Edgar Stanton, who donated the original 10 bells of the Campanile. Without this first gift, and all the generous gifts since then, Iowa State’s campus would be completely different. The foundation honors this tradition today by finding new ways to move Iowa State University forward – whether through scholarship support, funding leading-edge facilities, creating new opportunities, or recruiting the best faculty.
As development coordinator, you will provide administrative and operational support to a team of development professionals whose primary objective is to secure and steward private support for the College of Human Sciences.
Core Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership within the human sciences development program including project oversight, donor issues, document management, and office policies and procedures.
- Coordination of schedules, dates, locations, preparation of agendas, itineraries, presentation materials, briefing documents, and biographical information for stewardship and events.
- Manage the human sciences development travel budgets, ensuring funds are available for consistent travel throughout the fiscal year. Oversee disbursement voucher processing, expenditures, and expense reimbursement for development officers.
- Assist in onboarding and training new human sciences development staff, as well as educating current team on tools and resources.
- Co-manage awards nomination strategy, gather information, and prepare nominations for university and ISU Foundation alumni recognition.
- Work with university faculty and staff to facilitate effective communications and strategic fundraising activities. Coordinate strategic events, travel, and communications for collegiate leaders as they meet with external partners.
- Collaborate with ISU Foundation events team and university staff to plan, organize, and implement donor stewardship events, alumni receptions, campus visits, and other special events as needed.
- Manage tracking of human sciences prospects. Create and manage a system of checks and balances to ensure appropriate follow-up correspondence is received and distributed within the college and to the donor.
- Conduct prospect research, information gathering, and data analysis of human sciences donors and prospects.
Education & Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or appropriate related years of experience at a comparable level relating to the duties required of this position.
- 6 years of professional experience or combination of relevant education and/or demonstrated work experience.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal), professional judgment, organization planning, diplomacy, and professionalism.
- Must be able to handle a number of activities simultaneously with attention to detail and adherence to deadlines and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Must be adaptable, flexible, and self-directed.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite of applications and possess the ability to learn in-house computer systems. Experience or awareness of Salesforce or Ascend platform is a plus.
- Must adhere to strict confidentiality standards.
- Experience interpreting financial data is preferred.
- Creativity, patience, a sense of humor and a belief in our organizational mission of: Aligning donor passion and generosity to advance Iowa State University’s land grant ideals.
Travel: No travel required
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Location: Ames, IA; potentially hybrid
For additional information, visit the following pages: