Boone Bank & Trust Co. is owned by Ames National Corporation (ANC) and is the largest locally owned bank in Boone County. We are committed to serving the financial needs of our customers and the community. Our success over the years is evidenced by our growth; the first published statement of condition back in 1886 disclosed total assets of more than $165 thousand. Today we manage assets of more than $100 million. Our success has been the result of dedicated employees and excellent customer service standards.
Serve as the initial contact between the customer and the bank. Responsible for assessing and handling customer's account needs, obtaining and processing customer account information, and cross selling bank products and services. May serve as a safe deposit attendant, teller, and/or receptionist.
- Greet all customers that enter the bank in a professional and friendly manner.
- Handle telephone inquiries, responding to routine questions and directing calls to appropriate departments.
- Assist customers in the selection and opening of accounts to meet their financial needs; including checking, savings, certificates of deposits, IRAs, etc.
- Cross-sell bank products or services to existing and potential customers' in-person as well as by phone and written correspondence.
- Ensure compliance with all laws and regulations relating to all products offered by the Bank to retail customers.
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing accurate information, building rapport, and processing all transactions as efficiently as possible.
- Balance daily work within given time frame and properly follow operation policies and procedures.
- Answer questions or resolve complex problems on customer accounts.
- Maintain a high level of product knowledge and demonstrate that knowledge by proactively meeting customer's needs through the use of personal selling techniques.
- Assist other employees/departments/branches to promote teamwork and good communication.
- Promote a positive bank image through community involvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Prior bank experience preferred.
- 1 year of customer service experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Basic computer literacy with knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail in previous work history.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Work under pressure and perform several tasks simultaneously.
- Proven ability to resolve problems and effectively deal with challenging customer situations.
Reporting to this position: No direct reports
Physical Demands & Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit or stand. The employee will frequently use and talk on the telephone and use a computer and other office equipment.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently located inside an office building.
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.