There are important qualities you look for in an employer – meaningful work, community engagement, competitive benefits, commitment to employee development, and so many more. At Bankers Trust, our team members experience an inclusive and community-focused culture and we’re proud of the premier workplace we’ve created. We regularly receive best in class results through our biennial employee engagement survey. We’re also proud to receive recognition from others, including our designation as a “Best Place for Working Parents®,” being a four-time recipient of the Greater Des Moines Partnership’s Inclusion Award, and being named one of the “Best Businesses Supporting Local Charity” by readers of the Business Record.
Provide superior and quality customer service; provide customers efficient and accurate transaction processing; identify relevant referral opportunities and cross-sell bank products.
- Will be involved in ordering, receiving, verifying, and distributing cash
- Balances cash drawer daily, or more often as needed, including periodic batching of cashed checks
- Scans and processes daily transactions (Branch capture)
- Perform as a team member in allocating and coordinating the work flow
- Ability to be responsible for bank opening/closing and opening/closing of the vault while following proper procedures
- Admits customers to safe deposit boxes (most locations)
- Identify relevant referral opportunities and make referrals to promote the bank’s product and services; consistently cross-sells bank products at every opportunity.
- Ability to train new employees and answer co-worker questions
- Makes concentrated effort to solve customer problems and refers customers to a relationship banker/manager for issues that cannot be resolved at the teller line.
- Follows teller over/short policy
- Accepts all retail and/or commercial deposits, and payments for loans; verifying cash and endorsements and giving customers their receipts
- Identifies customers and cashes checks or refers customers to management for authorization to cash checks
- Buy and sell currency from the vault as necessary, ensuring that teller drawer cash limits are not exceeded
- Provides additional customer services and information including Cashier’s Checks, Savings Bonds, Stop Payments, and Certificates of Deposit
- Promote and maintain positive relations with all contacts, customers and potential customers
- Answer basic customer inquiries regarding interest rates, service charges, and account histories while complying with disclosure requirements, regulations and consumer privacy policies
- Comply with all department, company, and regulatory policies and procedures
- Contribute to the fulfillment of department and company objectives and goals
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong communication skills
- Strong customer relation skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Organizational skills
- Relevant computer skills
- Ability to prioritize and make on-the-spot decisions regarding customer transactions, weighing customer satisfaction issues with Bank exposure to loss or fraud
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Honesty and integrity
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work well under pressure
- High degree of accuracy
- Some clerical, administrative, cash handling, sales or customer service experience -- Preferred
- 10-key – Preferred
- Knowledge of various federal regulations including Bank Secrecy Act, Community Reinvestment Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Right to Financial Privacy Act, Gramm-Leach-Bailey Act, Regulation E and teller roles and responsibilities relating to each act -- Preferred
- In-depth knowledge of all bank deposit products and policies – Preferred
- Basic knowledge of bank loan, trust, and investment center products -- Preferred
Hours vary between 7:45 a.m. to 5:45 p.m. Monday – Friday and every other Saturday from 8:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
Pay: Consumer Service Representatives-$16.65/hour
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
“PROTECTED VETERANS” AND “INDIVIDUAL WITH DISABILITY”