Bolton & Menk, Inc. specializes in providing public infrastructure solutions. We want to take care of our clients by providing the best services and solutions for them. From advocating for our communities, to designing their dreams, to finding funding; we take pride in our work . Because we live here too. We take a personal interest in the work being done around us, and have fun along the way. The relationships with our clients and coworkers are important to us, many times evolving into friendships.
Whether you’re looking for a new career or you're an experienced professional, we know you want to make a difference in the lives of others and we do too. We live, work and play where our clients live, work and play. We are continually looking to add motivated, talented and collaborative individuals to join our team in multiple areas of our organization.
Bolton & Menk has a great opportunity for a Environmental Graduate Engineer to join our team in Ames and start working on a variety of interesting and complex projects for our clients in the Midwest. Now is your opportunity to work with a Des Moines Register Iowa Top Workplace and Star Tribune Top200 employer with great potential for career growth and opportunity as we continue to grow and serve our clients.
As a Environmental Graduate Engineer, you will work with Project Managers and Project Engineers on many a variety of environmental related projects including designs, technical specifications, plan reviews, construction inspections and CAD activities.
You will be:
- Performing basic design computations.
- Performing CAD preliminary layout, modeling and design.
- Developing hydrologic and hydraulic models.
- Researching and preparing rough drafts of preliminary reports and feasibility studies.
- Assisting with project design and preparation of plans, specifications, cost estimates, and quantity take-offs.
- Occasionally performing detailed construction observation and project documentation.
We are looking for:
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college
- Certified Engineer-in-Training (within 12 months of employment)
- Effective interpersonal written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong time management, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Advanced math skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Thorough knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite. (MS Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge and skills in CAD and design software. (i.e. AutoCAD Civil3D)
- Developing knowledge of specialized design software. (i.e. hydrocad, xpswmm)
- Possess valid driver’s license.
- Master’s Degree in Civil, Water Resources or Environmental Engineering.
- GIS coursework or experience.
- Familiarity with hydraulic/hydrologic modeling and water resources design
WHY BOLTON & MENK?
For over 70 years Bolton & Menk, Inc. has served public and private clients with comprehensive planning, design and construction engineering and surveying services. The employees at Bolton & Menk are seeking hard-working and ambitious co-workers to join us to deliver tomorrow’s leading infrastructure projects. Bolton & Menk is employee-owned, is ranked among ENRs Top 500 Design Firms, a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace in Minnesota and a Des Moines Register Top Workplace. With over 900 employees in Colorado, Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, North Carolina, and South Carolina, there are always new challenges and career development opportunities available. Learn more about our history here: https://www.bolton-menk.com/about-us/
At Bolton & Menk, we value our people and provide an exceptional Total Compensation and Benefits Package to protect our most valuable asset. We are committed to the well-being of our employees and their families. Perks of being a Bolton & Menk employee include peace of mind with our benefits package and competitive compensation plan, flexible schedules, and career development opportunities. Learn more here: https://www.bolton-menk.com/careers
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bolton & Menk does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party agencies in response to Bolton & Menk job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. Pre-approval from the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition team is required before any external candidate can be submitted and such candidate must be submitted to the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition team.
It is our responsibility and privilege to embrace the diversity of people, thoughts, and experiences necessary to develop infrastructure systems that serve all people. Bolton & Menk, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer including disability and vets.