ALMACO is the leader in providing innovative solutions to our clients in the seed research industry. Our niche business provides solutions for planting, harvesting and seed processing for corn and soybeans around the world. We offer a family business working atmosphere that incites autonomy and creativity while delivering results in the workplace. We have a solid reputation in the marketplace and vast opportunities in domestic and international growth. Our products include combines, planters, software, and electronics that automate the planting and harvesting processes and deliver solutions and value to the seed research industry.
ALMACO is currently seeking a Field Service Technician based out of our headquarters in Nevada, IA. This is a field service position that would be based out of headquarters in Nevada, IA but works remotely in the Midwest. Candidates living in or relocating to the Iowa are preferred.
You are an energetic person who wants to travel the world. You want to work independently with flexible hours and you provide support at the highest level. You like to be out and about for work, not sitting in an office, and you enjoy solving mechanical puzzles, taking things apart, and putting them back together. You like to talk to people, and you like it better when you can improve their day. You've got great mechanical skills and a good understanding of electrical, computer, and hydraulic systems. You're not averse to travel - in this job you would be traveling for several days at a time throughout the US and internationally.
Great things about ALMACO:
- We offer a free health insurance option for employees!
- We offer flexible schedules so you can take care of the things that matter. In addition, PTO starts accruing on day one.
- We're a family-owned company, and the owners know you by name and care about you as a person.
Compensation: This position starts at $30 / hour with overtime benefits starting after 40 hours of work in a week.
Location: This is a field service position that would be based out of headquarters in Nevada, IA.
Day-to-day tasks in this position:
- Visit client sites for preventative maintenance, upgrades, and emergency repairs of our agricultural equipment. (Field Service Techs support all of the components on each machine: mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical.)
- Speak to customers on the phone and via email to coordinate visits as well as provide remote support.
- Provide training and education to large and small groups about the use of our equipment and each specific machine.
- Assist Engineering and Quality departments in the testing and development of new and modified research equipment.
- Promote sales and service of ALMACO equipment while providing excellent customer support.
Qualifications for the Field Service Technician:
- Valid Driver’s License, clean driving record, and eligibility for a Passport.
- Very good interpersonal and communication skills to deal with a wide range of people.
- Great mechanical skills. (Experience with large machinery will be helpful, but any experience with mechanical repair of equipment is great.)
- Basic understanding of AC/DC electrical systems, computer systems, and hydraulic systems.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Willingness to travel to customer sites and be on-call, ready to travel at short notice and for extended periods of time.
- Travel will occur about 80% for this position, and will regularly include multiple-day trips in the United States and (a few times a year) internationally.
- A company vehicle, phone, and computer will be provided, and travel expenses are paid.
ALMACO is the leader in providing innovative solutions to our clients in the seed research industry. Our niche business provides solutions for planting, harvesting and seed processing around the world. We offer a family business working atmosphere that incites autonomy and creativity while delivering results in the workplace. We have a solid reputation in the marketplace and vast opportunities in domestic and international growth. Our products include combines, planters, software, and electronics that automate the planting and harvesting processes and deliver solutions and value to the seed research industry.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Health Insurance (with a $0 premium option!)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Match
- Employer-Paid Disability Insurance
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance including Cancer, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity and Accident plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts
- Legal/Financial Consultation
National Career Readiness Certificate is welcome.
ALMACO is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender, gender identity, and sexual orientation,) national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. A post-offer pre-employment drug screen and background check are required.